Custom Search

Thursday, July 29, 2010

With Love, Dreams Really Do Come True

This one's in honor of my husband and I's 1st Anniversary. Thamer, I can honestly say I love you more today than I did that blessed day one year ago. Thanks for making my dreams come true!
"This day I will marry my best friend. The one I laugh with live for and love." It's hard to believe that an entire year has gone by since that forever blessed day August 1st, 2009 when my husband and I took the most sacred of vows. We've had some ups and downs and have gone through our fair share of obstacles. But our love today is so much stronger than that forever memorable day just one year ago. 
When we speak the word "love", which too often rolls off the tongue with little to no thought of the actual meaning, we should really take a deeper look at ourselves. Perhaps, unravel our heart and listen to what it's trying to tell us.
Love is the most thought about, written about, talked about, and overly analyzed emotion in the world. It is both incredibly joyous and notoriously terrifyingly painful. Love, as they say, is what makes the world go round! But, to me, love is exposing one's most inner part of the soul for just one person to see. You reveal your biggest insecurities, your most personal of flaws. You uncover the masks, the barriers to your soul, tearing down your guard piece by piece. It requires undying faith, eternal strive, and the commitment of the purest of hearts. It is said that hope sets us free. But, what I have learned is that love, not hope, truly sets us free.
And today, just one year later after fully committing my love to my husband, Thamer, I feel more blessed and lucky than I did that very day. More blessed in the fact that now I truly understand what we gave each other that day. And, in essence, what we did for ourselves. For, we set ourselves free. Free to live as we truly are and give our whole being to the one and only person who we would ever trust with our hearts: our one true love!






1 comment:

  1. What a FANTASTIC blog post! And HAPPY ANNIVERSARY - I'm SO happy that you both found each other and we can't wait to see you in August! I meant to send your anniversary card but didn't get it out in time, I will give it to you in person (yay!) :)

    ReplyDelete