Custom Search

Friday, February 12, 2010

Times Square



"Lights, camera,..action!" Typically when we hear these words we automatically think of all the glamour of a Hollywood movie. But I thinks it perfectly sums up one of the most fascinating landmarks in NYC--Times Square. Sometimes known as the "Crossroads of the World," Times Square has become an iconic world landmark known for its spectacular digital advertisements and has become symbolic of NYC. Located at one of the most well known intersections in Manhattan at Broadway and 7th Ave. and stretching from W 42nd to W 47th Streets, Times Square lights up the city blocks better than a 4th of July display of even the most advanced fireworks. The streets are always crowded, tourist's cameras always snapping shots, and there is always more than enough action to keep even the most picky people watchers busy for hours at a time. Plus, the streets are lined with some of the greatest NYC stores and restaurants. The experience is nearly impossible to put into words as it is like nothing you have ever seen before. I'll never forget the first moment I emerged from that subway on 42nd St. and caught my first glimpse of Times Square. My jaw dropped to the floor and my eyes opened wider than they ever had before as I fervently explored this dynamic phenomenon. You have to see it to believe it and I highly suggest you do! So, hop on the subway and take it to 42nd Street. You won't be disappointed.

No comments:

Post a Comment