Custom Search

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Capturing "The City"

I know I'm not the only one out there secretly obsessed with reality television so don't judge me just because I'm one of the few who has enough guts to admit it. I, Lorrie from NYC, am a huge fan of both of MTV's hit reality shows "The Hills" and "The City". I feel like I should be at an AA meeting or something. But, in all seriousness, along with "The Hills" former leading lady, Lauren Conrad, my favorite cast member on the show has always been Whitney Port. Aside form her great "genes" (in both the hereditary and the denim type), career obsession, and unforgiving drive, Whitney seemed like the all-American, down-to-earth, "girl next door". So, obviously, when she got her own spin-off of "The Hills" and moved to "The City" to pursue her dreams in the world of fashion, I became an instant fan. So, when I was walking through Washington Square the other day and saw her filming an episode of "The City" with her spunky vixenesque co-star Roxy Olin, I was more than ecstatic, especially since I happened to have my camera by my side. I've learned the hard way that in this city, having your camera with you is as important as your wallet because you never know who or what you're going to see! And she was just as gorgeous and flawless in person as she always has been on the show. It was so incredible to watch one of my favorite shows happen right before my very eyes. Living in this city definitely has its perks--it's always exciting and you never know what's waiting for you around the next corner!

1 comment:

  1. I don't watch any of those shows, but that is way cool!!! I would have walked by and not even realized that was who it was or what they were doing! LOL :)

    ReplyDelete