Custom Search

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Sick in the City

Okay, so being sick is pretty much my least favorite feeling in the world. The stuffy head, chilling fever, nasal congestion, chest-wrenching cough, throat-on-fire feeling combined with the inability to breath, eat, or sleep, for that matter, is nothing short of a nightmare. But, what makes it all even worse is the reality of city life. In a city where the soles of your shoes replace the tires of your car, it is by no means fun to get your exhausted, lifeless body to take the 10 block hike to the nearest doctor, much less then have to walk 2 miles the opposite direction to the closest pharmacy to fill your prescription. Oh the woes of living in the city of transportation hell. In fact, I'm pretty sure I got the horrid illness from the guy hacking his guts out next to me on the subway just the other day. Guess I need to make a visit to my nearest Bath and Body Works to stock up on more antibacterial gels to ward off the evil germs spread by the careless people who neglect to cover their mouths when coughing up a lung in public!

2 comments: