Custom Search

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Shake Shack--Well Worth the Wait!




Ever in the mood for a big juicy hamburger, fries, and a shake or a fully-loaded hot dog right off the grill? Where do I sign up, right!?! Well, this place in NYC does it the best--the proof is in the line! It's called Shake Shack and it's a modern day "roadside" burger stand known for it's long lines and well-worth-the-wait food. My favorite on the menu: the Shack-cago Dog. Based off of the Chicago style hot dog, it's cooked to perfection and loaded with pickles, cucumbers, onions, tomatoes, sport pepper, celery salt, and their own unique fabulous relish. When I was finished I realized it didn't even have mustard or ketchup and I didn't even miss them! Their ShackBurger, hot dogs, and frozen custard have all been called the city's best by numerous media outlets since it opened in Madison Square Park in 2004. This can be seen by the constant line wrapped around the park every day. Although the wait is long and somewhat discouraging, it actually moves pretty quickly. And the park is filled with the absolute most plump and friendly squirrels I've ever seen. I had a blast watching them come right up to people and beg for food--it was hilarious. One even just hung on the tree next to us and watched us while he ate an acorn. Quite honestly, I thought he was going to jump onto our table and join us! So, take a walk through Madison Square Park and hop in line. It's cheap and delicious food that'll leave you coming back for more!

No comments:

Post a Comment